I went ahead and opened my box of 30 random packs and here’s what I found:
- 2007 Topps Series 1
- 2004 Topps Series 2
- 5 1989 Topps Wax Packs
- 1 1989 Topps American Baseball
- The Baseball Enquirer
- 2007 Topps Update and Highlights
- 3 1990 Topps Yearbook Stickers
- 2003 Topps Series 1
- 3 2003 Upper Deck First Pitch
- 2 2006 Topps Updates and Highlights
- 2005 Topps Series 2
- 2005 Topps Opening Day
- 1989 Donruss Cello
- 1989 Topps Cello
- 3 1990 Score
- 2003 Topps Opening Day
- 3 2007 Topps Series 2
This should be fun, but I’ve already got 1989 Topps and 1989 Donruss coming out of my ass! Still, I love to open old wax. Yeah, it’s worthless but I love (most of) the cards from the late eighties and early nineties. Plus, I wasn’t around at the beginning of this decade so that will be fun as well.
On second thought, I decided to open my lone pack of 2008 Bowman Chrome first. I’m not a “Chromie” or whatever it is the fans of Bowman Chrome call themselves, but I’ve always opened a pack or two every year since I got back in the hobby.
This pack was a disappointment.
205 John Bowker
66 Jeremy Bonderman
66 Jeremy Bonderman (with roller marks!!!!)
Yes, I managed to get two of the same card … in a three card pack! Fortunately, one was damaged so I guess they aren’t EXACTLY the same anyway.
OK, I know Christmas was a little over two months ago, but I haven’t started opening my Christmas goodies yet. Every year, my wife grabs me a bunch of assorted stuff from Target or Wal-Mart. I love the repack boxes the most because I love to open old wax.
This year, I’ve got:
- A 2008 Upper Deck Series 2 Fat Pack
- A 2008 Topps Updates and Highlights Large Rack Pack
- A 2008 Topps Updates and Highlights Retail Pack
- A 2008 Topps Updates and Highlights Blaster
- A Repack Container with Three Packs of Cards and a Memorabilia Card
- A Repack Box with 30 Unopened Packs
- A Container with 150 Random Cards
- A 2008 Sweet Spot Retail Tin
- A “Baseball Collector’s Box” which promises 200 cards, at least five packs, one memorabilia card and a Special Bonus Mystery Box Inside
I haven’t opened anything yet because I knew I would be between clients early this year and not able to buy any 2009 products, so I’m getting my card fix now with the Christmas Goodies. I’ve got a good assortment of stuff so I’ll start opening the stuff tonight. I hope I get something … anything good!